Thursday, November 7, 2013

Planetarium and Black Holes

                Today was a very productive day. After waking up early in the morning and switching cars with my father, my Mandala Classmates and I departed for the Morehead Planetarium in Chapel Hill, NC. It was an exciting adventure. The car I drove had three passengers. David my brother was in the front seat and Alec and Barnabas were in the back. We blasted tunes the whole drive there and stopped by McDonald for some breakfast. Once at the planetarium my class, with a few other different classes, entered into a giant dome room. This was the inner sanctum of the planetarium. The room was somewhere between 50 and 70 feet in diameter, with a giant dome ceiling. On this dome were projected stars and planets all within the Milky Way galaxy. Our planetary expert, Jack, took us through the Milky Way galaxy. He was kind enough to answer any questions that we had as well as to tell us corny jokes. After the program ended we braked for lunch. Lunch was uneventful. After the uneventful lunch we entered into the inner sanctum again. This time a nice lady, whose name is forever forgotten, explained to us, Black Holes. After a very interesting documentary about Black Holes we left.  I ended up listening to music by myself on the way back due to my passengers sleeping. Any how I am home after a long day and ready to pass out. It is only 5 pm. I feel like my old man. This world is very interesting to me. As a confessing Christian I am always skeptical of what scientists tell me about this world. It is also confusing to me when one scientist says this and the second scientist contradicts what scientist one said. So I took the opportunity to really learn about Black Holes on my own. What I found is not surprising. Every website I looked at talked like Black Holes were real but never said directly that they were real or even proved there existence. I stumbled upon this website, nature.com-Black-Holes, this website says that Black Holes do not exist and explains why. As of the moment, I do not believe in Black Holes but you, the reader, are welcome to believe in whatever you want. I want to end with this challenge. There are many truths out there and there are many lies and as a human being you need to seek these truths out. Take what you know and seek resources to answer your questions. Here is the challenge: Do not let society tell you what you should know, take the time and seek out these truths for yourself.

            “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”

                                                            -Mark Twain.

No comments:

Post a Comment